Government & Other
Office of e-Government – Emergency Services Communications Strategy
Walker Newman and Associates, in joint venture with other consulting groups, undertook a review of the WA State ESCS and developed a Risk Analysis and Mitigation Plan and Indicative Costings Report.
Department of Food and Agriculture
DAFWA contracted Walker Newman and Associates to develop specifications/scopes of work and subsequent evaluate tender responses for a replacement PBX and call centre system for their Head Office at Barron Hay Court, South Perth.
Landgate contracted Walker Newman and Associates to develop and cost options for a metropolitan wide area network to interconnect its major offices and DR site in Perth.
Previously Walker Newman and Associates had evaluated tender responses and project managed the implementation of an IP Tel system for Landgates Perth and regional offices.
Department of Education and Training
DET have contracted Walker Newman and Associates to;
- Revise the DET telecommunications cabling specification.
- Prepare tender documentation for PBX procurement.
- Prepare tender documentation for PBX maintenance.
PTA and New Metro Rail
PTA and New Metro Rail contracted Walker Newman and Associates to:
- Manage the upgrade of the CSA/Security radio system to a common receive frequency voting system.
- Review specifications for the Westrail Backbone Communications Project.
- Undertake radio design works for preparation of specifications and scopes of work for the northern suburbs extension, south west metro rail development and Thornlie Spur.
- Prepare specifications and scopes of work for the upgrade/replacement of the base station network controller and radio console systems.
- Prepare tender specifications for telephone and associated voice systems service and support.
- Undertake detailed engineering of radio and bearer system changes associated with the Thornlie Spur.
Burswood – TETRA radio system
Walker Newman and Associates have assisted Burswood Entertainment Complex in the technical aspects of a replacement of their two way radio system with a TETRA system.
Perth Airport – IP Tel Implementation and UHF Radio Strategy
Walker Newman and Associates assisted Perth Airport with the scoping, design, procurement and implementation management of an IP Tel system for their new office.
Walker Newman and Associates are working with Perth Airport to develop and cost a ten year UHF radio strategy.
Police and Nurses Credit Society – Carrier Reviews
Walker Newman and Associates have assisted PNCS with telecommunications carrier service reviews undertaken in 2001/02, 2004 and 2007.
Walker Newman and Associates assisted Wilson Group with a Telecommunications Carrier RFP and subsequent contract negotiations in 2006. Subsequently Walker Newman and Associates assisted in the scoping, procurement and project management of an IP Tel (Mitel) implementation across Wilsons major offices within Australia.
Australian Pipeline Trust – Satellite SCADA
Walker Newman and Associates assisted APT (and formerly Alinta and CMS) with the scoping, design, procurement and contract negotiations for a replacement satellite based SCADA communications system to cater for the requirements of the GGT, Parmelia and Mid West pipelines.