BHP Billiton Petroleum
Walker Newman and Associates have undertaken a number of small projects for BHPB Petroleum since 1998 including:
- Stybarrow FPSO: Review of microwave system upgrade options. (2013).
- Macedon to DBP telemetry study. (2009)
- Completion of Telstra site access documentation as required under Facilities Access Agreements for Stybarrow and Pyrenees microwave system installations at Cape Range.
- Pyrenees FPSO LAN/WAN design. (2008)
- Feasibility study on microwave path for Stybarrow (2005).
- Buffalo: Satellite communications design, entertainment system design and, WAN/LAN and PBX design. (1998-2000).
- Griffin Venture: Iterra system implementation design, entertainment system upgrade, Cat 5 cabling installation and UHF radio upgrade (1998-2006).
- Macedon Cel-Fi indoor/outdoor cell extender installation (2016).
Walker Newman and Associates have undertaken a number of small projects for Chevron ABU since 2004. These have included:
- Wireless Mesh coverage study. (2013)
- WAN service review for north west assets. (2012)
- Options review for the upgrade of telemetry for the Pump Off Controller (POC) SCADA network on Barrow Island (2009 & 2012).
- Design and technical support for an upgrade of Thevenard Island communications including telemetry and two way radio systems (2010).
- Public mobile carrier services review (2009).
Chevron Jansz IO
• Feasibility/options study for fibre optic transmission systems. (2019).
• Proof of Concept testing of fibre optic transmission system. (2019).
Chevron Gorgon Project – KJV
Walker Newman and Associates provided 3-5 resources at any one time in a multi-consultant team undertaking works for KJV between 2007 & 2016.
Chevron Wheatstone Project
Walker Newman and Associates assisted Chevron with several projects associated with Wheatstone including;
- Social infrastructure works at Onslow
- Radio coverage predictions and system design (2012).
- LNG plant – Onslow – DBP fibre optic cable: preliminary study and budget costing (2012).
- Onslow camp IT & Telecommunications infrastructure budget and scope of works development (2012/13).
- Development of strategy and tender documentation for upstream telecommunications maintenance.
- Provision of five resources into the upstream telecommunications hookup & commissioning communications team (2015/2016).
GDF Suez – Bonaparte FLNG
Walker Newman and Associates assisted GDF Suez with pre-FEED telecommunications work including;
- Subsea fibre optic cable feasibility (2012).
- VSAT (2012).
- LAN/WAN conceptual arrangements (2013).
- Licensing and regulatory requirements (2013).
Inpex Ichthys Project
Walker Newman and Associates have undertaken the various works for Inpex since 2008, including:
- Options review of offshore to onshore communications (in joint venture with another Perth based telecoms consultant).
- Planning for public carrier infrastructure and service access to the Darwin Bladin Point site, and subsequent assistance in the Enterprise Works Agreement (EWA) process.
- Assistance with the ITT process for subsea fibre optic services for the Ichthys CPF.
- Development of strategy and tender documentation for telecommunications maintenance.
- Preparation of telecommunications maintenance work instructions.
- Engineering and implementation of temporary communications for ASV’s supporting offshore hookup and commissioning activities (2016/17).
- Intermod Studies (CPF & FPSO) (2016/17).
- Radhaz Studies (CPF & FPSO) (2016/17).
- Ignition Source Study (2016/17).
- Backup & Restoration Strategy (2017).
- Embedded resources in to Telecoms Team (ongoing).
Quadrant Energy / Santos
- Feasibility study and budget estimate for microwave radio system for the Ningaloo Vision FPSO (2017).
- Procurement, installation and commissioning of microwave radio system for Ningaloo Vision FPSO (2018/19).
- Telecommunications maintenance prime contractor (since 2018).
- AIS/AtoN installation and commissioning, (Reindeer & John Brookes) (2019).
- VSAT system upgrades (iDirect to Comtech changes) (2019).
- Fibre optic termination & testing. New and remedial works. Multiple activities across several assets. (2018/19).
Shell Prelude Project
Walker, Newman and Associates have assisted Shell with;
- Development of maintenance work instructions for telecommunications systems (2015/2016).
- Review of End Of Life / Vendor Support Date (EOL/VSD) items (2016).
- Prime contractor role for communications maintenance on the Prelude facility (since 2017).
- Procurement of telecommunications spares and consumables (since 2017).
Upstream Production Solutions
Prime Contractor role for communications maintenance on the Northern Endeavour FPSO (since 2016).
Walker Newman and Associates have undertaken a number of projects for or on behalf of Woodside since 1996 including:
- Telecoms systems design, vendor management, hookup & commissioning for the Northern Endeavour (1996-1999).
- Microwave radio and entertainment system design for the Nganhurra FPSO (2003-2005).
- Project superintendent role as part of the Woodside Pluto Project team, ensuring that the various work done by FWWP, EoS, WEL-IT, major suppliers and other parties were aligned and on track. (2007-2011).
- Design and site supervision works associated with the Vincent FPSO upgrade project (2012/2013.
- Vendor supervision and commissioning assistance for the NR2 project.
- Development of specifications and scopes of work related to the KGP radio upgrade project.
- Development of Telecomms Standards and data sheets.
- Development of SCE performance standard and asssociated maintenance assurance tasks for KGP telecommunications.
- Provision of resources for minor project engineering and campaign maintenance (since 2014).
- Ngujima-Yin FPSO microwave system procurement, installation and commissioning (2018/19).